Huwebes, Agosto 1, 2013

Review: Para sa Hopeless Romantic ni Marcelo Santos III


Lately, I have been reading a lot of Taglish book by Filipino authors and not all of them were able to captivate me with what they have to tell. Pero nung nabasa ko yun book ni Marcelo Santos III, parang nahuli niya yun essence of being young and carefree as a student/collegiate. This book really stirred up my past emotions because I can really relate to the situation of the characters where they thought they were suffering unrequited love but they still go on and dream of the day that they would be able to say what their hearts want to say and hopefully not get rejected. Oh, the courage of young love! Yun bang panahon na ang pinoproblema lang natin ay kung gusto ka rin ng taong gusto mo.... Ang saya pa nun at heartbreak lang ang tanging kinatatakutan mo or maybe even failing a subject... That's it!

The way the author wrote the story really kept me enthralled although I do have an idea that Becca was actually writing to Nikko on the classroom chair but it still kept me reading, wanting to know what happens next. I have always loved books that shows how fate actually moves in mysterious ways. Makes me want to believe in fate/ destiny/ meant to be/ match made in heaven (whatever you want to call it). And this book was successful in making me believe, transporting me back in time.

What really came as a shock was the ending to Jackie's story. I felt the pain when Jackie overheard Sir Matt talking sweetly to his girlfriend, breaking Jackie's heart and hope and getting all disappointed and emo. But I guess it was good that every one seemed to have a happy ending after all even if Jackie's was a little open ended but still, we all know where it would end up anyway.

This is a must read for those hopeless romantics looking for a light read and wanting to remember young love.

After reading the book, what really stuck to me was the One Big Shot. Now, it got me thinking, What if I also took my ONE BIG SHOT? Would I have been happier?

Anyway, this book is definitely on my Top 5 books for now!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento