Martes, Enero 14, 2014

Movie Review: Celeste and Jesse Forever








It was recommended to me by my best friend. She said it was a good movie worth watching so I gave it a chance. I have to say it was good because it was realistic. It wasn’t like any other movies that sugar coats everything just to have a happy ending. It still ends happy, I think.
I sort of thought how weird Celeste and Jesse’s relationship were because they practically knew everything about each other and they can be very childish together. It’s good that they can be themselves around each other but the fact that Celeste lets Jesse be childish and not learn to grow up even if that’s what she wanted him to do is kind of stupid.
And the fact that they were already getting divorced but still living together isn’t something people should do if they really wanted to move on with their lives. But one thing I liked about the movie was how the friendship wasn’t lost even after they have separated. They still cared about each other.
What crushed me really was the fact that Jesse found someone he wanted to be a better man for… to be able to fully commit and turn things around in his life and mature. If I were Celeste, I’d really hate Jesse because I wasn’t good enough for him. I’d be totally hurt but they were mature enough to accept things and be happy for each other.
By the end of the movie, I realized that maybe change is good after all and people just have to accept it for us to grow up and be better people.
This movie is much like One More Chance but more mature and realistic. A feel good movie that doesn’t rely on formula storyline where the lead characters still end up together even if it is all so wrong.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento