Miyerkules, Hulyo 17, 2013

Review: She's Dating The Gangster by Bianca B. Bernardino

This is my first review of a book and it's going to be a really short one because I don't think I have anything much to say about it. I only read this because I collect all of Summit's books and heard that it was a favorite among wattpad readers and thought I should go check it out.

First of all, this book is the most different amongst all other Summit books especially when it came to its book cover design. It really looked like a gangster book. What really went off track was there was no gangster involved at all. The book cover was not that attractive at all unlike all the other Summit books.

Second, while reading the book, I felt like I was reading a compilation of all the highlights of typical Koreanovelas. Those scenes worked for the Koreanovelas, but having to compile it in one book is just boring. It felt very predictable and kind of "gasgas" na.

Last but not the least was its ending. After all the time I spent reading it, I was devastated only to find out that the characters died in the end. It's very Koreanovela-ish. I should have anticipated the death of the characters but didn't think that Summit would actually publish something like that since they usually go with happy endings.

I guess it was fresh and experimental in a way. I was really expecting to read about the guy defending the girl from rival gangsters or becoming a softie after they met or maybe something Dao Ming Su did for Shan Tsai like getting beat up just to protect her.

I'll give this only two stars because the ideas were not very original and I expected more from this book.
What do you think?

1 komento:

  1. AWESOME REVIEW! :D Here's mine if you don't mind: http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/08/shes-dating-gangster-by-bianca-b.html

    Thanks and GOD BLESS ♥

    TumugonBurahin