Martes, Hulyo 23, 2013

Review: Diary Ng Panget Book 1 by HaveYouSeenThisGirl

Recently, there has been this craze for publishing books previously published over at wattpad and I don't really see the point in doing those since most have read them before and might not want to spend money to read them again. Or so I thought but it seems that is not the case. So it got me curious as to why the sudden craze for these books so I got myself a copy and find out.

Upon reading the first book, some of the events but mainly the characters remind me so much of the old time fave Meteor Garden. Even though there was no "F4" there, Cross definitely reminds me of Dao Ming Su and Chad reminds me of Hua Ze Lei. I have yet to figure out who Ian is but the point is, the book made me think of  those characters the whole time I was reading the book. And as a fan of Meteor Garden, I felt like it was a lame version of the Taiwanovela. I don't want to sound like a hater because a lot of people seems to be in love with the story but I am not. I just could not feel with Eya (the main character of the book).

The book was very informal which I think works for the youth or its target readers nowadays.

To summarized this review, I find the idea of the book a little "gasgas" na... A very light read but not something very funny nor original.

Maybe I have watched one too many Koreanovelas that I don't find them fresh anymore. But since I have already bought the 2nd book, I might as well give it another chance. Maybe some other time but not any time soon.

Next review would be Mina V. Esguerra's Interim Goddess of Love Trilogy. All three of them in one post! Stay tuned!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento